With all the uncertainty around the coronavirus, we're sure you’re feeling uneasy and a little anxious about this global pandemic and what it means for you, your family and friends, as well as our country. All of us here at bounti are too. But rather than focusing on what we can’t control – like the rising coronavirus cases and the suffering around the world, let's choose to focus on what we can control, and what we're grateful for.
While you’re practicing social distancing and self-isolation, there’s no better time to refocus on and prioritise your health and wellbeing as well as your family’s. To you, this might mean:
- Going for a walk
- Reading a great book
- Enjoying the fresh air outdoors
- Giving back to your community
- Writing your thoughts down in a journal
- Cooking healthy meals or baking together as a family
- Exercising daily (indoors or outdoors in your garden)
This is also a time of juggling – where you’re probably working from home, and managing a busy household, but we need to just stress one thing - exercise is critical for your mental health, as well as your physical health. It’s a known mood-booster and de-stressor, even if you just squeeze in 30 minutes of activity per day. And most importantly, exercise – especially rebounding, helps to stimulate lymphatic flow and boost your immune system - which is really important at this time, as the coronavirus is a new virus, and our bodies need all the help they can get to fight it.
How to exercise safely
At this time, the best way to exercise is on your own or with your partner or family members at home.
Some of the best ways to exercise right now are:
- Walking, jogging, running outdoors in the fresh air.
- Going for family hikes – spending time exercising in nature is one of the best ways to de-stress and burn some calories.
- Cycling outdoors
- Swimming in your own pool at home and doing laps
- Using resistance such as dumbbells, kettle bells, body bars or resistance bands to complete circuit-style training. Click here to browse bounti's Online Store for the best deals on home exercise equipment and accessories.
Join a live online class!
Here’s what you need to join a BOUNTI class:
- Your own rebounder
- A quiet, designated space at home for you to bounce
- Decent Wi-Fi coverage/signal
- A speaker to stream the music would be ideal so that you can listen to it in the same way as you do for class
- Keep it safe – no low ceilings or hanging lights
- Bounce away from sharp objects or glass tables
While you can bounce with no accessories, our instructors always use a variety of equipment in each class to help you become fitter and stronger! Some accessories you’ll need:
If you’d prefer to work out at home without a rebounder, have a look at our Moxie Programme, that offers you 16 brand new, non-rebounding, home workouts loaded every month. Check it out here!